Pix4uav provides hands free solutions for UAV imagery. The processing includes the automatic external and internal orientation of the input images, the computation of an orthographic image, its robust geo-referencing and the creation of digital surface models.
This functionality is provided by a fast cloud service, a private server solution that can be placed in your office as well as a light version that can run on your laptop with basic functionality.
Raw Images and their approximate GPS geo tags as provided by the UAV suppliers.Processing
The images are selected and the processing starts locally (server, light) or - after uploading - on our servers. Due to the specific UAV image data, which is captured by cameras with lower lens quality when compared to high-end satelite or airborn camera systems, our algorithms estimate the internal camera parameters on the fly based on the images itself. A pre-calibration is therefore not neccessary and the global results can take the lens variation over time and due to temperature changes into account. The main result of the initial processing is the internal and external orientation of all cameras, which is the basis for the computation of various output products.Output
- Detailed calibration report, see example pdf or the explanation.
- Orthoraphic image, see example orthoimage generated at 20cm/pixel from 320 Gatewingimages.
- Geo referencing (google kml), see example kml with the above orthoimage.
- Digital elevation model, see example the model.
- Initialization for further processing in ORIMA.