December 09, 2011

Islamic cleric bans women from touching bananas

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/mad-mad-world/Islamic-cleric-bans-women-from-touching-bananas/articleshow/11020659.cms

NEW DELHI: An unnamed Islamic cleric based in Europe has issued a ban on women touching fruits and vegetables resembling the male sexual organ to avoid "sexual thoughts".

The Egyptian news website Bikya Masr on Wednesday quoted the cleric whose diktat featured in an article on el-Senousa, a religious publication. The cleric has said that women should not even get close to bananas or cucumbers. "If women wish to eat these food items, a third party, preferably a male related to them such as their a father or husband, should cut the items into small pieces and serve," the cleric dictated.

According to the cleric, bananas and cucumbers "resemble the male penis" and therefore could arouse women or "make them think of sex." The cleric also added carrots and zucchini to the list of forbidden foods for women.

The news about this latest diktat against women went viral on the web with liberal Muslims feeling enraged and embarrassed. Repression of women in ultra-conservative Islamic societies has been an intense subject of debate throughout the world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a wr9ong interpretation of Islam.

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment
(it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but
I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.


Also visit my blog - backup
My homepage ... solutions

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering which blogging platform you're using?
I'm new to blogging and have been thinking about using the Tripod platform. Do you consider this is a good platform to start with? I would be really grateful if I could ask you some questions through email so I can learn a bit more prior to getting started. When you have some free time, please get in touch with me at: hongstricklin@internetemails.net. Thanks

My site: folija

Anonymous said...

We have gone ahead and added a hyperlink back to your web site from
one of my clientele requesting it. I have used your website URL:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9418198&postID=8367387238193411877 and blog title: Blogger:
IntelliBriefs to insure you get the correct anchor text.

If you woud like to see where your website link has been
placed, please e-mail me at: mirtabowser@fastmail.jp. Thanks a
lot

Feel free to visit my blog post :: pakovanje

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run into any
issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot of exclusive
content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being ripped off? I'd truly appreciate it.



Take a look at my blog - advokatska kancelarija

Anonymous said...

Hey there! My name is Malcolm and I really just wanted to say your blogging site is awesome!
It truly is hilarious simply because I use to have a site that nearly
had an identical website url: http://www.blogger.com/comment.
g?blogID=9418198&postID=8367387238193411877 mine was only
a few letters different. Anyhow, I'm a big admirer of your site and if you at any time would like a guest article please make sure to email me personally at: malcolm_munson@gmx.de. I absolutely adore writing!

my website; luggage manufacturer

Anonymous said...

Clerics should instruct all males of their religion to cut their male organs so that no one will be even thinking of sex and the problem of female sexuality will be handled for good..

Anonymous said...

Clerics should instruct all males of their religion to cut their male organs so that no one will be even thinking of sex and the problem of female sexuality will be handled for good..