Army operation in Balochistan urged
ISLAMABAD, May 10: Despite all efforts, the situation in Balochistan continues to worsen and so far 1,300 people from Punjab have been killed and 250,000 others forced to leave the province.
This was stated by Mirza Baig Raj and Malik Zegham, the president and general secretary of Punjab Forum, at a press conference held at the National Press Club on Thursday.
They said time had come to launch a massive military operation against terrorists in the province.
"All over the world, separatist movements are crushed by force – just like India did in Assam and Sri Lanka did with the Tamil Tigers. So army should start an operation in Balochistan like it did in Swat and Waziristan," they said.
They added that separatists had been killing and victimising innocent settlers for years. At the same time, terrorists are gaining sympathies by painting themselves as victims and using the issue of missing persons to gain political mileage.
"According to Supreme Court's findings, only 79 persons are missing in Balochistan but terrorists are putting the number at 15,000."
They claimed that the terrorists recruited people for Rs30,000 and when they refused to take part in anti-state activities, they killed them. That's how the number of missing persons is increasing," they maintained.
The Punjab Forum leaders said military and agencies were being held responsible for everything, including killing of those who lost their lives in tribal feuds.
They regretted that settlers in Balochistan had no voice and representation.
This "Punjab Forum" is the Mouthpiece of Paki military and ISI and its statement should be taken seriously.
They have already moved Jud and PDC members (al-Shmas and Al-Badar) in Balochistan to counter and eliminate Baloch insurgents. They are working seriously on this, becaus ethey know losing Balochistan means end of Pakistan.