October 10, 2012

Nasrullah Baloch says he is getting threats

From the Newspaper | Our Staff Correspondent | 18th September, 2012      

Relatives of missing persons showing victory signs during a token hunger strike outside Quetta Press Club. — Photo by Online

QUETTA, Sept 17: The chairman of Voice for Baloch Missing Persons, Nasrullah Baloch, said on Monday that his life was in danger because some elements were hurling threats at him.

Mr Nasrullah has sent a letter to the Quetta Registry of Supreme Court and lodged a complaint with the International Human Rights Organisation about the threats he has reportedly received.

The VBMP leader said intelligence agencies would be responsible if any harm came to him.

He said the life threat had been given by the Tehrik-i-Nifaz Aman, a little know group.He said life threats were also given to those Baloch women who came from far-flung areas of the province to Quetta to record their statements about their missing relatives.

Mr Nasrullah said they had been asked to close the protest camp they had set up in the city to highlight the issue of missing persons.

He said that around 500 women came to Quetta from different parts of the province and recorded with the UN working group statements about their missing relatives.

No comments: