- It took another 123 years to hit that second billion.
- 33 more years to hit three billion.
- 14 years to hit four billion.
- 13 years to hit five billion.
- 12 years to hit six billion.
- And now we're at 7 billion.
- It's a near perfect trend of exponential growth.
November 22, 2012
But back in Malthus' time there were only 1 billion people on the planet.
And Malthus didn't have to deal with similar and equally dangerous exponential growth patterns in energy, like we do now.
So maybe his worries about peak food were early...
But eventually they may turn out to be frighteningly accurate.
Posted by Naxal Watch at 3:18 AM