November 02, 2012

Net Security Provider: India’s Out-of-Area Contingency Operations



Publisher: Magnum Books Pvt Ltd
ISBN: 978-93-82512-00-4
Price: Rs 395 [Download E-book]

About the Book

India's economic growth and prosperity are increasingly being shaped by circumstances outside its borders. Most prominently, trade and access to energy are now critical components of the Indian economy. In addition, the Indian diaspora, which is a source of significant remittances, also needs protection and evacuation. Thus, India's economic and national interests are gradually spreading outwards from its borders. Also, at times, the Indian military has been deployed for security operations – for instance, in anti-piracy operations off the coast of Somalia and in overseas humanitarian and disaster relief operations. In light of its capabilities and possible overseas role, the Indian military has been called a 'net security provider' in the region. This report, therefore, focuses on examining the Indian military's Out-of-Area Contingency (OOAC) operations.

In examining this topic, the report analyses previous deployments of the Indian military outside its borders, including in United Nations Peacekeeping Operations (UNPKO), evacuation of Indian citizens from conflict zones and in active operations like Sri Lanka from 1987–90 and the Maldives in 1988. It then examines the current capacity and trends for executing such operations. Finally, it makes recommendations not only for the Armed Forces but for other relevant agencies as well, such as the Ministries of Defence and External Affairs, the National Security Council and the Cabinet Secretariat.


Anonymous said...

It iѕ the best time to mаκe some plans foг the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

my homepage :: resistor color code calculator

Anonymous said...

Ηey, I think your blog might be having browѕer compatibility issues.
When ӏ looκ at your website in Ie, it looks
fine but when opening in Internet Explοreг, it has somе
οverlapping. I just wanted to give you
a quick heаds uр! Othеr then that, amazing blog!

my webpage ohm'S law

Anonymous said...

Does your blog hаνe а contact pаgе?
I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to ѕhoot you an e-mail.
I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

Here is my page ... Resistor Resistance

Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to go to see this website, i am visiting this web page dailly and get pleasant data from here every day.

Here is my weblog ...

Anonymous said...

When I initially commеnted I сlіcκed the "Notify me when new comments are added" checκbox and
nοw each timе а comment is added I get thгee emаilѕ with the same соmment.
Ιs theге anу way уou саn rеmovе peоple fгоm thаt servicе?
Μаny thankѕ!

My page; Wire-Wound Resistor

Anonymous said...

Thankѕ very interestіng blоg!

Also ѵisit my blog post: Ohms Law

Anonymous said...

It's really a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Also visit my web site ... Wire-Wound Resistor - Dayofwebsite.Com -

Anonymous said...

Hello! Wοuld yоu minԁ if I shаre yоur blog ωith my twittег group?
Theгe's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

Here is my blog post :: resistor Power