December 29, 2012

Japan's PM seeks security ties with Australia, India

Posted: 29 December 2012 1349 hrs

Shinzo Abe. (AFP/Yoshikazu TSUNO)

TOKYO: Japan's hawkish new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has sought to expand the Japan-US security partnership to Australia and India as it faces a bitter territorial row with China, a newspaper reported Saturday.

"The Japan-US alliance is the cornerstone," Abe, sworn in as prime minister on Wednesday, said in an interview with the mass-circulation Yomiuri Shimbun.

"It's good to expand it to security co-operation among Japan, the United States and India. (Co-operation) among Japan, the United States and Australia will also contribute to stability in the region," Abe said.

"It is important to regain the region's power balance," he added without elaborating.

Abe won conservative support in national polls earlier this month with forthright pronouncements on the Senkaku islands in the East China Sea, vowing not to budge on Japan's claim to them.

China also lays claim to the island chain, which it calls the Diaoyu.

Beijing has sent ships into the islands' waters many times since Tokyo nationalised the chain in September, with analysts saying China intends to prove it can come and go as it pleases.


Anonymous said...

I am in fact grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared this great piece of writing at at this place.

Have a look at my web page ... Nike Air Max

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on
the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre
talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

Also visit my page - Abercrombie Brussel

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers
but now as I am a user of net therefore from now I am using net for articles
or reviews, thanks to web.

my web site ... Cheap NFL Jerseys

Anonymous said...

Magnificent site. Lots of useful info here.
I'm sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you on your effort!

my blog: Air Max

Anonymous said...

Hello, its nice post regarding media print, we all
be familiar with media is a wonderful source of data.

Review my page - Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit
more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental
and all. But imagine if you added some great pictures or
videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of the most
beneficial in its field. Fantastic blog!

Also visit my site: yellow pages ad for appliance repair Odessa Florida

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about > "Japan's PM seeks security ties with Australia, India" < Liked it!

Feel free to surf to my webpage Fastest Way To Lose Weight

Anonymous said...

This article is genuinely a nice one it helps
new net people, who are wishing for blogging.

Feel free to surf to my page ... Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation
however I find this matter to be really one thing which I believe
I would by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely extensive for me.

I'm taking a look forward in your next post, I'll try to get the dangle of it!

my web site ... More Help