February 21, 2013

Pakistan may become a failed state if current circumstances persist: Shahbaz

DAWN.COM | 18 hours ago

Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif. — Photo by APP/File

LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Thursday said widespread killings of innocent citizens had brought democracy and the existing set-up into question, adding that if the current circumstances persisted, Pakistan may turn into "a failed state", DawnNews reported.

Speaking to media representatives, the chief minister said terrorism was at its peak in the country, adding that if concrete action was not taken against those responsible, the country's foundations may begin to shake.

The chief minister's statement comes days after the bombing in Quetta which claimed the lives of over 87 Shia Hazaras. A large number of women and children were among the dead.

The Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) leader moreover said world powers had used militants in the 1980s to fight their so-called war against Soviet communism and now the same militants were terrorists in the eyes of these powers.

Sharif said it was heartening that the country's media was proactive and critical. He added that the real power of the media and the judiciary would become evident in the upcoming general election.


Pakistan to become a "failed state" if current scenario persists: Shahbaz

LAHORE - Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Thursday said if the current law and order situation persisted, Pakistan may turn into "a failed state".


Talking to media personnel, the CM said widespread killing of innocent citizens had brought democracy and the existing set-up into question.


He said terrorism was at its peak in the country, adding that if concrete action was not taken against those responsible, the country's foundations may begin to shake.


The Pakistan Muslim League–Nawaz (PML-N) leader said world powers had used militants in the 1980s to fight their so-called war against Soviet communism and now the same militants were viewed as terrorists by those powers.


Sharif said it was heartening that the country's media was proactive and critical. He went on to say that the real power of the media and the judiciary would become evident in the upcoming general election.






Pakistan may become failed state: Shahbaz Sharif



Islamabad: Chief Minister of Pakistan's Punjab province, Shahbaz Sharif, has said that the country may turn into "a failed state" if the widespread killings of innocent citizens continues. 

He said that the ongoing killings of innocent citizens had brought democracy and the existing set-up into question.

Sharif said terrorism was at its peak in the country, adding that if concrete action was not taken against those responsible, the country's foundations may begin to shake, the Dawn reports. 

The Chief Minister's statement comes after the bombing in Quetta, which claimed the lives of over 87 Shia Hazaras. 


A large number of women and children were among the dead. 

ANI 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as
I am a user of web so from now I am using net for articles, thanks
to web.

Stop by my website - view next

Anonymous said...

Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same subjects
as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit
from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!



Here is my web site - click here

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for
msdn

My website; screen next

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the dedication you put into your website and detailed information you offer.

It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
same out of date rehashed material. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Also visit my blog post; valium

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Here is my web-site - woodall

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if
you aren't already ;) Cheers!

Also visit my webpage: lauteet

Anonymous said...

What's up, just wanted to mention, I liked this post. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

Here is my site - lokostrelska

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be
a lot more useful than ever before.

My website: lazania