WASHINGTON D.C -- Dr. Wahid Baloch, President of Balochistan National Congress (BNC), Washington D.C Chapter, welcomed Baloch leader Sardar Akhtar Jan Mengal's return to Balochistan and asked all other exiled Baloch leaders to follow his lead and return to Balochistan and be among their own people to lead and organize them instead of being apart, useless and non-functional in exile.
"Those who are making Sardar Akhtar Jan Mengal's return a big deal and are in hue and cry are less worried about Baochistan and more worried about their personal and political vendetta", said Dr. Wahid Baloch.
"I hope Sardar Akhtar Jan Mengal will consider taking part in the upcoming elections for the greater interest of Balochistan and Baloch nation," he said.
He said, Baloch must take part in election, as boycotting them will only help the Baloch enemies to impose their writ and agenda on Baloch people and help them and their agents, opportunists, drug dealers and JUI extremists to take over the Baloch assemblies and represent themselves as the "elected Baloch leaders", to not only fool the world but also to cause more harm to Baloch people. Assemblies, though powerless or rubber stamped' can and should be used as tools to counter the games of establishment to politically marginalize and alienate Baloch people and to continue their loot and plunder of Baloch resources through their agents without being challenged.
All the Baloch parliamentarian should work in unity to promote the Genuine Baloch demands within the federation", he said.
"Balochistan is bleeding and anything that can be done to save Baloch lives, secure Balochistan and it's coasts and resources for Baloch people must be done with unity, through strategic planing and wisdom," he continued.
He asked Saradar Akhtar Jan to include the BNC 14 point in their election agenda and take all Baloch stakeholders into confidence and on board in order to steer Balochistan out of this crisis and looming civil war.
He said a lot of innocent Baloch blood has been shed and Baloch people are sick and tired of collecting bullet riddle mutilated tortured dead bodies of their loved one every day. "It has to stop now"' he said.
He said Baloch should shun this so called war of independence that is being imposed upon them by Baloch enemies so that they can use this as a pretext to eliminate the Baloch intelligentsia and leadership so that they can continue the loot and plunder of Baloch resources without being challenged or stopped.
He said, instead of shouting for freedom, Baloch should unite on a single democratic platform and work within the Pakistani federation to safeguard their rights, including the right of self-determination by using all democratic and peaceful means of struggle.
He said, Baloch are weak and divided and they have no international support. The International community have not only ignored the Baloch killings, disappearances and genocide but their criminal silence have added to the sufferings and misery of Baloch people . Therefore, it is befitting that we should not be suicidal and follow any fancy and emotional slogan.
He said freedom is priceless, but without proper resources and International support Balochistan can not be free by empty emotional slogans and hungry stomach.
He said, Baloch must come out of the closet of their fancy dream world and be realistic. A war of independence can not be fought and won merely on emotional slogans and fancy dreams of Azadee. It is time to change the course and re-think of a new strategy based upon facts and ground realities not just on fancy emotional slogans and dreams. We must not get our youths killed unnecessarily without providing them protection and security. Instead, we should save them for the future challenges, educate them and help them to support their families. Those who are pushing Baloch youths into this suicidal war are equally responsible of their killings.
He said," Balochistan is going though its critical time in its history and the only way it can be saved and secured is by joining hands together instead of opposing each-other or putting each-other down".
The Balochistan National Congress (BNC) 14 points:
- Military operation must end unconditionally and immediately.
- All those Baloch who have been forcibly disappeared by FC and are missing must be released and allowed to re-join with their family members and law-enforcement officers, including military officers, who broke the law or committed crimes against Baloch citizens must be brought to justice.
- Hefty and direct compensation in a transparent mode to the families of all those who got killed, kidnapped and tortured.
- Homeless IDP's must be returned to their hearth and home with honor and dignity, rehabilitated and compensated.
- The mostly Pashtun-based Frontier Corps, which have intentionally been deployed to create bad blood between the Baloch and Pashtuns, must be removed from all Baloch cities and towns in Balochistan and replaced by local Balochs; all the FC check post should be dismantled in Balochistan; the Pastun-based Frontier Corps should be deployed along the Afghan border in Pashtun areas.
- All Afghan refugees living in Balochistan must be returned back to Afghanistan and their names removed from the voter registration lists.
- The historic territorial integrity and demography of Balochistan, land of the Baloch, must not be changed.
- Balochistan’s boundaries to be re-drawn based on historical, ethnic and linguistic line and all Pashtun areas of Balochistan should be joined with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur must be added back to Balochistan.
- Gwadar port and Balochistan's natural resources must be used to uplift the Baloch people.
- Baloch secular national identity and culture must be honored, preserved, restored and respected.
- Balochi language must be declared Balochistan's primary language of learning.
- Baloch, especially the ordinary middle classes, must be well represented at all the federal level and in foreign services to remove their sense of deprivation and alienation to make them feel as counted citizens.
- Pakistan should be re-named as the United States of Pakistan (USP) and be declared as a federation of four autonomous individual States, Viz,Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and Pakhtunkhwa, where all federating units should be treated and represented equally in all federal departments,including the armed forces and foreign services.
- Center should only keep the defense, currency and foreign affairs and all other departments, including the foreign trade, taxation and Communication, should be given to the federating units with full autonomy. Every federating unit should be allowed to take care of their internal security apparatus according to their needs and resources and all federating units should be free to promote their National identity, language, culture and traditions without any fear, intimidation or coercing.
In order to bring peace and harmony in Pakistan, an atmosphere of friendship, co-operation, tolerance, mutual respect, understanding and accommodation among all nationalities in Pakistan should be promoted, supported and encouraged. The terrorism, religious extremism and violence should be denounced in its all forms and shapes.
Supreme Court Bar Association's 14 points resolution: (Attached pdf file) Link >> http://www.scribd.com/doc/94908333/Resolution
Balochistan National Congress (BNC)
1629 K Street NW, Suit 300
Washington D.C., 20036
Tel: (202) 349-1682 Fax: (202) 331-3759